I knitted myself a beret: On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being abysmal and 10 being OK) this was rated by MrsDrWho as maybe a 4. It didn't last for a year, or even for a day. My beret wasn't here to stay. I am working my way up through the numbers until I reach the dizzy heights of a hat I can wear. I used Jet, green variegated Jet that I love so much. I wore The Beret inside and my head was so hot I felt slightly faint!!!
Harki has been to The Vet for her annual check-up. She was declared very fit and well and happy but on an upward spiral weight-wise. Poor Harki. She's not desperately overweight, but soon she will be Nine and she needs to be slim so her hips and joints can cope. So now, instead of a cup of rice or pasta, they may have a tablespoon. The rest is boiled cabbage, celery and other green vegetables. Poor babies, but it is for their own good and sad as it may seem, they will happily eat a bowl of vegetables with just a small amount of proper dried dog food. We are feeling very virtuous and we are going every fortnight so they can both be weighed. Not much guilt and pressure for me, but it works!!!
Peri has been rather a good girl lately. We met two people on our walk, and she neither ran like a Pamplona bull, nor leaped like a thing-that-leaps. She came when I called her and had her lead clipped on like a very good girl. Then we all went to The Black Spot of DoomLight (TM). The car park is an exciting place for Labradors. I just needed a reel of cotton but they wagged their tails at everyone!!!
I had been trying very hard to post more regularly, but my Gerogette Heyer slight decline after my mum's visit turned into a bigger Florence Nightingale sojourn and I spent a couple of days in bed. Poor MrsDrWho: poor me!! I missed her Regeneration dinner and she missed out on Regeneration paraphernalia till last night when I rallied. I had been doing Secret Knitting and Sewing for her, and here is some of the Secret Knitting........
One: The Imaginary Husband Felted Bag (Rav Link) This is made from Bendigo Rustic 12ply in Midnight Tweed and some Woolbale in reds, oranges and yellows courtesy of the very kind Katt!! I knitted round and round till I'd used up a ball and then I split the bag at the back and knitted back and forth in plain and purl so I could do the logo, then I rejoined and went on knitting in a circular fashion. I added i-cord handles and edging at the top and duplicate stitched on the words. It felted so well!! I lined it and gave it away very sadly, because I really wanted to keep it. I think that makes it the best kind of gift. A true sacrifice!!! I am thinking of making myself one in Green Tweed with a TARDIS and K9.
Two: Rat Rat Ratties Rug (Rav Link) I made the 'Mouse Mat for a Cat' for the Kittens. I knitted it in acrylic so it could be washed without fear of felting and I lined it with some lovely fur that matches their Cat Tunnel I made for Christmas. Both Cleo and Caramello road tested the rug and it seemed to be approved. Like a credit card, it had already been pre-approved by The Labradors.
Samsara has tagged me, and I haven't really completed this tag before (trying to avoid saying 'done' and I do try and avoid 'nice' and definitely 'got'):
1. What was I doing ten years ago? I would have been packing up and leaving my classroom after the first week back in the Winter term. Harki wasn't living at our house, and neither was Peri. It was Vundy the German Shepherd and Tori the Crippled Labrador back then.
2. What are 5 things on my To Do list today? The first was a sleep in, as I didn't have to take The Labradors for a walk, secondly I went to The Library, thirdly I wanted to add things to my Ravelry projects, fourth would be taking up the hem on my new jeans (didn't do that) and fifth was to blog, which I am doing now!!
3. Snacks I enjoy?? I like cheese in all its many forms and a platter of fruit and cheese is even better. Crisps- plain crisps.
4. Things I would Do If I were a Billionaire? I would have a lot more Labradors, a circular gravel drive and a Library with those slide-along ladders, green leather chairs and a fire. I would buy MrsDrWho a Nubian Slave.
6. Jobs I have had? I was a teacher. That is all I have done. I did teach dancing too. Do not laugh MrsDrWho, nor picture in your mind the Hippos from Fantasia.
7. If you would like to be tagged, knock yourself out!!!
This picture of Peri shows her about to leap off the side of the hill onto the path. I have my heart in my mouth!! Her back legs are all muscled up and ready to spring. She jumps on and off things all the time and shows no fear at all. We've had lots of rain, which has made the bush nice and green. Other than that, there's nothing much to tell, though I think people should prepare, because I plan to take pictures of the small quilt I made for MrsDrWho and her Madonna Hat. I shall exercise my terrible photographic skills once more!!! We watched more Doctor Who last night and we have the two Library episodes to watch tomorrow. The we are off to see the Narnia movie before it disappears from the cinema.