I must say that soon after my blog's conniption, Ginevra from The Typepad left a kind comment and asked if I needed any help. Thank you Typepad for your very considerate offer, but I think I am beyond help!! We'll see how I go this time. I am endeavouring to post every day until Christmas. Wow!! That will probably be more times than I have posted this year!!
It was The Northern Ravellers Christmas on Saturday and I made some socks and mini Christmas muffins and a zippy bag for Amandaj, and there was chocolate too!!!
I was the recipient of a lovely gift from Kate, who'd ratherbeknitting (Ravelry link) There are ballet slippers in which I shall be prancing about in the hall, Christmas Tea and there were some tiny chocolates too. I am wearing my slippers right now!!
Now, I have been memed and I am meming right now:
- Though right handed, I use my left hand for the mouse
- I don't technically have a Christmas Tree but I do leave decorations up and about all year
- Amazingly, when I needed two extra metres to finish casting off The Laminaria, I was able to find some matching green in my stash. Who would have thought?
- Sometimes I like what I am wearing so much that I wash it and dry it and wear it the next day, sometimes I do this three or four days in a row.
- I am an obsessive circler of the programmes I want to watch or record on TV. It is like a military operation at our house.
- Sometimes in Summer I have a nap in the afternoon and when I wake up, I am not quite sure if it is 8 o'clock in the night, or I have slept right through and it is 8 o'clock in the morning.
- Though I could match my clothes to the pegs on the line, I don't do that, that would just be weird!!! I alternate the colour of the pegs in a strict way: two light green, two dark green and then I hope there's not anything that needs a single peg that will mess up my pattern.
Harki and Peri are enjoying the Sun, they are sunbaking without their bikinis!!! Harki feels a little better today as the weather is stable, but she is off to The Vet tomorrow, and she may have another injection. Peri is having a lovely time 'helping' me with my craft, but I can't be cross with her, look at how sweet she is.
Tomorrow I shall have The Laminaria, all complete, and some Christmas Angels that are easy to make. And I think there shall be a Labrador video!!!
Mini Christmas Fruit Mince Muffins
- 150g butter (3/5 of a cup!)
- 125ml milk (1/2 cup)
- 150g caster sugar (2/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- 300g self raising flour (2 cups)[Though I used 2 cups less 4 teaspoons of plain flour and added 4 teaspoons of baking powder]
- 1 400g jar of fruit mince, or your own homemade!!
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- icing sugar
- tiny Christmas decorations
- patty pans
Preheat the oven to 200*C and line a small muffin tray with patty pan papers. (Oh how I wish for an old fashioned patty pan cake tray, I had to use my muffin tray and it has a capacity that's just a tad too large)
Melt the butter then add the milk, sugar and egg and whisk. Mix in the fruit mince. Fold in the flour and cinnamon gently and make sure it's still a bit 'uncombined'. Fill the patty pans about 2/3 full and then bake for about 15 minutes, it may take a bit longer so check that they are lightly brown on top and have come away from the edge. They should be springy to the touch.
Cool and then decorate. Mix the icing sugar and some water to an icing consistency and spread onto the muffins. I usually smooth them with a flat bladed knife dipped into some extremely hot water. Then add the decorations. I had red and green sugar trees and I just sprinkled them around the edges to make a wreath.