The Labradors are like hoovers: vacuum cleaners, damn they're fast. They inhale food, and so it was with the Great Schmacko Give Away Decider, they inhaled the tiny numbered pieces.
I numbered and cut up the treats and also wrote each comment down and assigned a number. Then I scattered the treats on paper and each dog in turn came out onto the verandah to perform their party piece!!I used my expert timing to snatch the last piece from each snuffling nose. Or in Lorelai Gilmore's case, little piggy grunting nose.
I wish everyone could win, like with the coin purses from a month ago, but there can only be a three winners, that is the nature of competition. Lorelai Gilmore chose first because she came quickly when I called and Harki was next, she's slower now. Peri was sure there was some kind of terrible medical experiment happening behind the closed door and I had to tell her it was time for the postman.
Congratulations to the winners!!!!!
Lorelai Gilmore chose Gina from
Harki chose Tanya Holt whose blog I do not know
Peri Naughty chose Jules.
I will email anon and arrange the posting of the zippy pouch and the coin purse. Thank you to everyone who popped in to visit, it was lovely to virtually meet you!! I will be having a new give away on Tuesday. Three small knitted things this time!!!
I cooked a dessert, or a breakfast, from the new Good Food magazine: it is the Baked peach pancake on page 72. You need a 25cm oven proof frying pan.
- Heat oven to 200*C or 180FF.
- Mix 3/4 cup plain flour, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 3 eggs and 3/4 cup milk or pouring cream.
- Heat 15g butter in pan over medium heat on the stove and when the butter is sizzling, pour in the batter and cook for 2-3 minutes. The underneath of the pancake will be golden brown and the outer edges will be cooked.
- Then I arranged a tin of drained peach slices on top (well they did sink a bit) and sprinkled 1/4 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 tspn of cinnamon.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the top is cooked.
- Serve with the rest of the runny cream
The Labradors spend quite a lot of time at the fence hoping for a treat. My neighbours took a photo, and this is what greets them whenever they come out the back door- Harki, Peri and Lorelai Gilmore only receive ONE treat a day.
Now I must quickly make a cup of tea and ready myself for a couple of hours of talking to my mum on the phone!!