The Oven has landed. Here it is, in the garage with the cook top, waiting patiently till it can be connected. In a little bit. Peri is undertaking some quality control. The kind Delivery Men opened the difficult non-rolly uppy double garage door and popped them inside. Easy Peasy!!!
Today I had a lovely day with Ms TinkingBell. We met a little after 9am and then we spent the day in these happy pursuits:
- we started with a cup of tea and coffee
- shopped at Esme's for some cute fabric fat quarters
- eyed off some green trousers for me
- had a happy visit to The BlackSpot of DoomLight(tm) where I bought the cutest ever crochet kit in an olde worlde beauty case bag (made from cardboard, but still...) Ms TinkingBell bought wool!!!
- there was a little secret shopping then Cocoon
- Gourlays for some lollies
- Petrachs for some books
- toasted sandwiches for lunch
- then a fond farewell
Ms TinkingBell looked extremely cool and trendy in her skant(sp?) and her Tempest cardigan. I've had to do some tricksy editing because of the 'secret shopping'!!!
The thing about Imaginary Friends is that surprisingly often, it's as if they have never been Imaginary at all. Believe me, we spent all day chatting non-stop: we could chat for Britain!!!
Harki and Peri went for a walk yesterday, on a Non-walking day, so that I could make my rendezvous today. It was walk and roll: Harki walked and Peri rolled.
Lorelai Gilmore has had to supplement her breakfast with a treat: a stick of celery. Apparently it's delicious, after all her eyes are closed in ecstasy as she chews away at the stalk.
I am quite worn out. I have been making myself stay awake so that when I go to bed I will fall straight to sleep. I hope. My tooth is a little sensitive but it has got over itself and settled down nicely. This evening I caught up on watching the news from the last two days, Spicks & Specks and NCIS whilst knitting the second unnamed striped sock.
Only two days to go until the end of Blogtober. Fingers crossed I won't lose my nerve at the last moment!!