Yes, I sewed a dress. The top is the Sorbetto from Colette, with a FBA and sleeves. I trimmed the sleeves, as well as the neck, with biased binding. I wasn't up to making my own so I bought some. It is akin to my custard dilemma. The skirt is my own self-drafted A-line with pleats instead of darts. I lengthened the skirt and top at the waist and then made a casing. It took a while for the elastic to settle in, so it looks a bit wonky. I am also wearing my new emerald cardigan. It matches the swirls on my dress, but it is in desperate need of new buttons. The original buttons have a shank, a metallic centre and are way too heavy. I have new buttons, so next time I wear this, it will be a SSS participant.
- Sorbetto dress
- Emerald fine wool cardigan from Target
I'm not 100% happy with the dress, but it is OK especially as the FBA worked a treat, and much more wearable than last year's dress. I have actually worn the Sorbetto dress out in public, while last year's dress hasn't seen the light of day. It's an ex-dress.
On our walk today Peri rolled in various substances in various locations and added layers of horrible stuff.
And, finally, Ta Da!!! I have finished the Cable for Two socks. They have a name at last.
The socks were knitted on 2.5mm DPN using Patonyle in dark blue. The cable is a simple C2R and C2L, and I managed without a cable needle. I used almost all the wool, so now I am starting a second pair in plain K2 P2 rib, I will be able to use almost every skerrick. If I could just remember where I puts my sock blockers away, ever so carefully, so no-one would chew them or leap about with them in their mouth.....
School holidays start today, hooray!!! And in preparation, I am off for a nap!!