I noticed the temperature in Perth, WA was 36*C last week and it is 26*C on the West Coast here, so when MrsDrWho suggested Nigella's Watermelon Salad I thought it very appropriate.
This is as easy as pie and the different flavours compliment each other so well. It is very moreish.
I bought a wedge that was about one quarter of a melon.
That's it really, gather your supplies and whip this up in a few minutes!!! You can make and serve the salad in the same dish.
NB I only made half the recipe here.
Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad serves 8
- a small red onion, thickly sliced
- 2-4 fresh limes or lime juice in a lime shaped bottle (I used that)
- 1.5kg of watermelon, I bought seedless
- 250g feta cheese
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 3-4 tbspn olive oil
- 100g black olives, pitted
- freshly ground black pepper
Put the sliced onion in a small dish and and enough lime juice to cover it. Set aside.
Similarly, cut the feta cheese into chunks, I favour triangles, and add to the melon.
Mix gently together with your hands and then dress with the olive oil and pepper.